At Chula Vista Marina we’re proud to offer our tenants a safe and relaxing environment for themselves, their guests and their pets. We love your 4-legged friends as much as you do and are happy to be considered a pet-friendly facility. However, we’ve had several recent incidents with off-leash dogs on the docks.
We encourage our pet-owners to please be mindful of their neighbors and to follow our rules and regulations. Most importantly:
- All pets must be kept on the vessel or on a leash at all times.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets on docks or marina property. There are doggie bags located near each dock gate, and there is a pet station by the kiosk in the south lot. There are also 3 pet stops at the RV Park.
- No pet barking that is considered excessive and will disturb neighbors.
- Animals may never be taken into the restrooms/laundry room/inside areas on the property.
- Threatening behavior towards people or other pets passing on the docks must be prevented.
The Marina requires that all tenants who bring their pets on the property have a signed Pet Policy Addendum on file in the office. This ensures that all of our pet-owners know and agree to the rules regarding animals on Marina property.
Do you need to sign a pet policy? Please come by the office, and sign it there, or we can email you a pdf form that you can simply return email to us. We also keep a photo of your pet in your file with their name and description, so that if they do become loose on the docks, we can contact the owner.
Thank you for your help in making our facility safe and friendly for people and animals alike!